Friday, June 3, 2011

Day Three: Creating a Taco Party

"Helping" me get ready

For day three of 30 Days of Creativity, I wanted to create a fun experience for my neighbor friends! While browsing through The Store in Lake Highlands, I came across this sign, and an idea was born:

I had been wanting to do a Taco Party since we moved back in February - it's pretty easy on the hostess. You just ask everyone to bring a fixing or two, lay it all out, and enjoy. My role: brown some beef and make some sangria.


Mmmm...sangria. This is mom's recipe: cut up an orange, a lime, and a lemon. Add 1/2 c. sugar and 1 1/2 c. rum and let it meet and greet for 2 hours in the fridge. Then add the mix to a large punchbowl, along with a bottle of cab and 1c. orange juice. Sangria success!


I also tried this cilantro lime recipe that I found on the allrecipes.com site. It was decent. I don't love rice, so it's hard for me to be a real judge. I will say that I think it would go marvelously with some black beans as a salad. Maybe later!

The Spread



Frosted Brownie Bites -another Libby Garrett find - from Tom Thumb's Bakery. You have to ask the bakery to frost the brownie bites, but it definitely transforms something boring into something party worthy! I served the brownies in cocktails clear plastic cups with a scoop of ice cream on the bottom.

I think that everything went off relatively well. Twenty people dined and visited. I feel like that is a successful party! Thanks to everyone for making it such a simple summer event!

On to DAY FOUR...

1 comment: