My sweet cousin Eric is serving in a foreign country that starts with an I right now. It is very hot there, and I imagine that his work as a nurse anethesist is very difficult at times. We are all very proud of him back home and looking forward to the days when he will be able to rejoin the family festivities.
With July 4th looming, Dub and I thought it would be appropriate to send him some patriotic love. Let me preface this craft by saying that if I did it again, I would use blue paint for the hand print, as this does look a little like we had a visit from Michael Meyers before craft time began.
Nonetheless, we cut out our paper bag in the shape of a star. Then we outlined it with blue marker, hole punched it, and prepared the paint. I dipped W's chubby hand in the paint, then flattened it on the paper bag. We let that dry. Then we wrote our messages and ran a gold ribbon through the holes.
Eric, we miss you, we love you, and we know you're doing a good job over there.
Laura, we are proud of you, too. Your job is equally as hard. We love you both!
Day Fourteen: Stars and Stripes Forever!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment