Monday, June 20, 2011

Day 20: A Lizard for the Playroom





The playroom is super boring right now because I'm in the middle of a vision and can't quite figure out which way I want to go with it (word walls, alphabet with pictures we come across that fit in with each letter, W's artwork display, numbers).
What I do know is that the playroom needs a little pizazz sprinkled with some teachable moments.

Today I created a "stained glass" lizard to help with my mission. This was a craft featured in one of the Parenting magazines I get. I keep a file folder of stuff to do when W is older and this is definitely in it!

I printed a lizard template off, then cut it out and traced it on to black paper. Then I cut that lizard out and taped down different colors of tissue paper to create the stained glass look. I used tissue paper from the gift bags I had in the closet - so I didn't even have to purchase anything for this craft.



When I was all done, I chalked the word "lizard" on my paper and hung it in the window. :)
This craft is easy and could really enhance a room. Since you can find templates for almost anything, I think it has a lot of potential.


Day Twenty: A Lizard (and some color) for the Playroom

No comments:

Post a Comment