Thursday, June 16, 2011

Day 16: Tackling Cezanne



Today W and I started classes at the Museum of Nature and Science, thanks to the recommendation of our friend, Andi.
We just got home. I have paint in my hair and on my chin. W's and my clothes are trashed. I am exhausted from "managing my artist", but we had a blast.

Today we were replicating Cezanne's Apples and Oranges painting.

We had real apples and oranges to paint with - which we smelled and touched. We had red and yellow paints to swirl together. We had neat shapes to bring home the art.
W had a great time and was very involved in the process: brush painting, finger painting, stamping, painting the mama.


And in the end, we have this masterpiece for our home. Kind of like the real deal...

Day Sixteen: Replicating Cezanne's Apples & Oranges
"With an apple I will astonish Paris." - Paul Cezanne

1 comment:

  1. I am loving your blog! Little Wyatt is one lucky boy. You are so darn creative & you're exposing him to so many wonderful experiences. You're an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete