I came across this recipe in Southern Living June 2011 and it looked right up my alley - bacon: good, Parmesan: good, homemade dough: problematic, but doable.
Today, for day eight of my project list, I rolled up my sleeves (so to speak, it's too freakin hot here to really wear sleeves), and got to work.
The dough was easier than I imagined. I made the dough, then rolled it into balls and put it in the fridge for an hour.


Once the dough had set, I put it in mini muffin tins and created my tassies. A tass (singular, noun) is a small chalice. Makes sense because these little cups held all kinds of goodness: 1t. of Parmesan, bacon crumbles, and chives. I used my meat scissors to cut the chives - which gave them the perfect size without being a beating to cut. You drizzle the bacon-chive-cheese combo with a half and half/egg combo, then you stick it all in the oven for 25ish minutes.


The outcome was delicious - my taste tester agreed!




Today, for day eight of my project list, I rolled up my sleeves (so to speak, it's too freakin hot here to really wear sleeves), and got to work.
The dough was easier than I imagined. I made the dough, then rolled it into balls and put it in the fridge for an hour.
Once the dough had set, I put it in mini muffin tins and created my tassies. A tass (singular, noun) is a small chalice. Makes sense because these little cups held all kinds of goodness: 1t. of Parmesan, bacon crumbles, and chives. I used my meat scissors to cut the chives - which gave them the perfect size without being a beating to cut. You drizzle the bacon-chive-cheese combo with a half and half/egg combo, then you stick it all in the oven for 25ish minutes.
The outcome was delicious - my taste tester agreed!

No comments:
Post a Comment