The neat thing about this project is that you can make your butter to suit your meal. At the last part of the process, you can add garlic to make it savory or you can add cinnamon/sugar to make it sweet. It's got some very versatile properties.
For my first time out of the gate, I just went plain.
I attached my whisk to my mixer, poured my half and half in a bowl, covered bowl and mixer with a towel to prevent splatter, and whipped away for about ten minutes.
At that point, the heavy cream had separated into curds and liquid. I drained off the liquid (buttermilk, essentially). I meant to keep it to cook with later, but I got distracted by Jason and Wyatt coming home from Little Gym, and accidentally poured it down the drain. Sad.
I rinsed off the curds, then stirred them into butter form and served it up on toast.
Day Eleven: creating my own butter!

No comments:
Post a Comment