Dub's little tummy is upset, so we are on the BRAT diet until things work a little more smoothly. I had the BR&T, but the A was missing. Today, we made applesauce.
This is my favorite recipe because it is super simple. I found it in Norah O'Donnell's book, Baby Love. It's a wonderful book, and you can view a sample by clicking here! The book is definitely worth buying if you have an emerging eater. Dub loves this recipe for sure, but he also loves pom pom pear - which has a very similar prep.
Gala apples were on sale, so those were what we used. The bag of apples and the pomegranate juice cost the same. We were able to make 3 batches on $10.
So we cooked up the apples, pureed them, then froze 2 batches and kept one out to enjoy. I like to freeze my baby food in ice cube trays. It's about 2T. per cube - so roughly 4 cubes would be 1/2 cup. Once they're frozen, I pop them out of the tray and store them in an air tight ziplock.
And, of course, you have to keep your sous chef entertained. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment