Thursday, October 6, 2011

Trick or Treat Bucket

I've been on the hunt for the perfect candy bowl for handing out candy to Trick-or-Treaters. Our sweet neighbors told us that the neighborhood gets a ton of goblins and I love candy so much that I want to be prepared. Unfortunately with little man, I can't have anything around that is breakable (read cute). Everything functional for my household was plasticy and yucky. With Mod Podge in hand, I decided to make my own treat bucket.

I bought the black bucket at Target for $6. It came in black or orange and it came in this oval shape or in a true circle.

hello, doggy helper in the corner

I found a font that I liked and printed/cut out the letters. I used Mod Podge to affix the letters to the bucket. Easy. After two coats of Mod Podge, I moved on to painting.




Using a circle sponge brush, I added my polka dots. I did two coats of paint. I then added the candy corn stickers (purchased at Michael's). I applied three additional coats of MP and let those dry. I finished up by tying pumpkin ribbon around the handles and added my candy.

Inside of the bucket - lined with candy corn stickers



Now...who knows if that candy will last until 10/31...but at least it has a cute container to call home!

No comments:

Post a Comment