Thursday, October 13, 2011

Pumpkin Decorating with Buttons

Pinterest has sucked away large amounts of my time lately, but I did see a cute craft that I had to try out involving pumpkins and buttons.

Bestie Keisha and I are throwing a pumpkin party right before Halloween, so we wanted to do a couple of pumpkins as testers. This was my example!

First things first, I bought my smallish pumpkin at Tom Thumb for $1. Sold! Then I pilfered through my button jar at home and fished out all of the black ones. I didn't have enough, but luckily JoAnn Fabric sells 130 black buttons of varying sizes for $2.39.


I printed and traced my stencil.


I used craft glue to affix the buttons. Since the pumpkin is round, you can only do one letter at a time and then let it dry so that the buttons don't slide around.


I tied a ribbon up top and set it in the cabinet. Done! I love Halloween!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment