A few things were accomplished today...first and foremost, my sister and I ran our first 5k together. Katie has run a half, so this was no biggie...except that we were able to run it together. I'm not going to lie...the path was crazy hilly and I pretty much almost cried/kicked over the mile marker sign when we came upon the 2mi designation (WHAT? ONLY 2 MILES!!!! SERIOUSLY?). But we kept on and we finished with a 32 minute stop time. Pretty proud.
We celebrated by enjoying some gelato in the cool night air and then buying some chardonnay at Whole Foods. Cheers, sister!
But today was also a day of tying up lose ends and finishing some fall projects.
Trip to the Farmer's Market
Run a 5k (check)
Run a 10k (I'm ready for you, Porter)
Sew a fall pillow
Visit the Ft. Worth Zoo with Aunt Sue
Bake pumpkin/gingersnap cakeballs (recipe on Pinterest)
Go to an Oktoberfest (check)
Organize my recipe book (sigh!)
Take Dub to a football game
There are 25 total items to complete, but you know this girl loves a challenge. Once I've completed a task, the leaf goes on the tree. Kind of backwards, I know...but that is what I came up with.
In other news, the house is finally ready for Halloween. I've had so much fun getting our place in order. A trip to Canton with my bestie helped get the front lawn in order.
Wyatt doesn't like the glitter spiders very much, but he loves handling the mini pumpkins! I ordered his Halloween costume, so get ready for some cuteness.
Until then...here's a look at the place all done up! Happy Halloween, ghouls!
And, finally, a view from the front yard:

No comments:
Post a Comment