This morning we celebrated October 1st by attending an
Oktoberfest celebration being held up the road from our place. They had
lederhosen and beer, a rocking band...but more than all of that, they had fountains and a petting zoo. Both are big hits with Wyatt right now.
We observed the fountains, which did some neat little tricks. Dub did some dancing to the polka music. Awesome to watch. That was fun for awhile. Plus, the weather is so amazing that you can't help but feel like fall is in the air!

Dada!! Look at that!

How can I get in there without getting caught?

Mama and Dada (W has taken to mixing up our names to get a [fake] rise out of us, so I guess it would be Dada and Mama in his world).
The petting zoo, however, was the big deal of the day. This group had pigs, miniature horses, ducks, chickens, rabbits, goats, sheep, and turtles all running around in the same pen creating some kind of a super flu, I'm sure.
Wyatt went from side to side, calling out "Quack" or "Baa". He did pretty good impressions so a few of them let him come in for a little petting. The turtle freaked W out a little - with all of the cute little furry things, the turtle looked prehistoric and was kind of large.

Petting a goat. This hair feels weird. Based on his face, I don't think he'll like goat cheese either. Get away!!

Hi, horsey. I'll pet you for a minute, but then I'm going to play in your water bowl. Cool?

What are these things?

I want to touch it, mom. Don't make me leave!! Wait...

Yelling "QUACK" at the top of his lungs, I can't imagine why these guys didn't stick around...
So that was a good start to our day!
Happy October 1st!!
No comments:
Post a Comment