Wednesday, October 26, 2011

October Re-Cap

A few things went on this month that I want to jot down for the sake of remembrance:

Wyatt got an ear infection. His second ever. He was so good at the Dr.'s office that we went out for pumpkin frozen yogurt after the visit. It was pretty tasty. Neither of us really wanted to share. As a side note, W can now say "yogurt". You can, mostly, understand what he's asking for. Mostly.


Jas and I threw a baby shower for our BFFs and were so glad to be able to ask Aunt Sue and Uncle Jim to watch Wyatt. I think it is safe to say that he didn't want to come home on Sunday after all of the lake adventures he had!

Let My People Go!


We set up our plastic table and then Wyatt and I worked with crayons. The last time we worked with crayons, he mainly tried to eat them. I'm happy to report that this time, he actually put pen to paper and made some "art"...before trying to eat them. I'm also happy to report that Baby OCD had more fun trying to put the crayons back in their box...just like mama!



I also think that W is out growing his high chair. He fusses if he has to sit in it while we're having dinner, so Jason and I set up the booster seat. He'll eat a little better at the table with us - like a big boy!

I don't have a picture of him actually doing it, but a few mornings ago, Dub walked right in our room at 8:00. He actually crawled out of the crib somehow, opened his door, walked down the hall, opened our door, and busted in with a huge smile on his face. You could just tell that he was proud of himself. He hasn't done it since, but, boy was that a surprise!

In his crib - practicing his Mick Jagger moves...
Dada and Dub discussing the skeleton and bats that are in his box. Jason was teaching him to sound like Count Dracula. One bat. Ha. Ha. Ha. It sounded pretty funny when W did it later.

His favorite post-nap snack: Pop-Pop from our air pop popcorn machine.
This boy loves popcorn and he wants his own bowl. Measuring cups make a nice sized bowl that isn't too crazy when it is (inevitably) spilled. W likes to stand on the counter and watch the popcorn pop up. Very fun!

Gabby and Gramps watch W every Thursday so that I can teach an English class. He has a blast over there and always comes home exhausted and ready for 4 hour naps! Everybody wins. Here we are at Gabby's place.

The swing is still popular at the park at the end of our street. With all of the stuff people have in their yards, the walk down to the park is awesome. W loves to stop and look at all of the pumpkins and blow up yard art. He picks up acorns. There is a huge fake spider that is in one of the trees - that is fun to walk under. We couldn't be happier with our neighborhood.
Climbing the rock wall at the park.

And, luckily, W is amazing about reading. He will sit in your lap and ask you to read a million books to him. I love that. He gets BabyBug in the mail - one of his favorites. He'll now bring it to you and say "bug". Very cute.
But when he's not reading, he's rearranging his library. Sigh. AND ripping pages out of books. That graduate class in book repair is coming in handy these days. :)


Just a few things....

No comments:

Post a Comment