Friday, April 5, 2013

Memory + Alphabet Game + Word Families


We have so many baby food lids coming in and out of this house right now, that I knew there had to be some creative thing we could do with them. I consulted The Oracle (Pinterest), and adapted this one from several suggestions. 


I printed upper and lower case letters and created a basic matching game. 
It was interesting to watch W play the first round because I've forgotten how some letters don't look like their counter part. For example, E and e look nothing alike. 



Eventually this can evolve into a monster sized Memory game. 
It can also turn into a spelling game - using basic words.
...or a game about word families, as W gets older. 



So - if you find yourself in the same boat (too many baby food jars and so much waste)...try this simple activity out. Supply list included: jar of Mod Podge, a sponge paint brush, printed letters, jar tops that have been sterilized. One lady on Pinterest Mod Podged colorful paper on the lids. 
Nobody here has time for that - but it is cute. 
Let me know if you need a set of lids. I'm in the lid business at the moment.













No comments:

Post a Comment