We had a very Merry Christmas, but it went SO quickly! Seems like we just had Jason's holiday party, and now we are in 2013.
Ev has started eating foods. So far I have made him carrots and pears. He is getting much better about swallowing and keeping it in his mouth vs the bib...and actually seems to like chomping down on that little rubber spoon. Wyatt likes to regale him with tales of "when I was a baby, I ate...". Whatever he is saying cracks Ev up. He just smiles and laughs at Wyatt. I guess he likes those stories.
W has started potty training. That's all we will say about that. Potty training and I HATE each other.
Jason made partner at McKoolSmith. yay!! ...and then decided to live the American Dream and strike it out on his own. CassadyCurry will start up work on Monday, and we are all very excited about the prospects in the year to come. Wow!
We have had a lovely break, but I am looking forward to getting everyone back on a schedule. Jason to work, Wyatt to school, normal dinners, normal hours. It has been a topsy turvy holiday and we all lived in the Palace of Excess. Time to come home.
I asked Jason what his new year's resolutions were and he told me (in a superior sounding tone) that he didn't make resolutions. I forgot that he was already perfect. :)
So I've been thinking about what I want to be resolute about. I'm not going to say: I'm going to lose weight because I ate 3 cherry cordial Hershey kisses in a row today after Wyatt pooped on the floor and Everett threw up on my sweater. But I am going to say these things:
1. I would like for the whole family to eat healthier meals. This requires a bit more preparation on my part...so I need to go ahead and do that. We could all stand to eat more fruit, veg, and dairy. And I would like to get Ev started out on the right foot.
| bacon is the right foot, right? |
2. I would like to run a 5k every other month. Except in the summer. It's good to have a goal to keep you active. My first 5k is at the end of this month - the Doughnut Dash. Doughnuts are provided by the magnificent Hypnotic Doughnut, so my motivation is somewhat sketchy, but...whatever works. I am running this with my friend Erin, and that is the thing about running. I originally did it to get more involved with my friend JP and found myself entangled with Katie M, Playgroup ladies, my cousin Laura, and all sorts of surprising folks. Its the gift that keeps on giving.
3. I am going to commit to seven random acts of kindness each month. Seven seems like a small number, I know, but I have to start somewhere and 7 is the number of perfection. I am hoping it will be like the butterfly effect - my deeds will start change in the world. I'll keep you posted.
4. I am going to plan more learning activities with Wyatt. Truthfully, since I had Ev, my parenting has been a little less than stellar. Sometimes Team Umi Zoomi teaches W more than I do (although, it taught me what a dodecahedron was - and now I have mighty math powers. Mighty, mighty math powers). Mostly, however, my daily effort is sad. I have five teaching certifications and a whole lot of ability. I am going to see where I can plug in a little more pizazz, and then I'm going to make it happen. I planned lessons for other people's children for almost a decade. Surely I do it for my own, right? Right.
| making a fall leaf collage - back in November |
And I'm going to stop there. Just reading this list makes me tired. That's quite a bit to accomplish and so little time to do it. :)
Cheers to you, 2013! I have a feeling we are going to get along swimmingly.

Love these! Looks like 2013 is going to be a fabulous year for you guys! :)
ReplyDelete