Sunday, November 25, 2012

Thanksgiving+



We had a very nice Thanksgiving. We celebrated Thanksgiving Day with J's family. I made a ham and the mashed potatoes. I tried out green bean bundles from Pinterest...and they were a success. A cherry pie from Whole Foods with homemade whipped cream that Wyatt and I put together rounded out my plate. Delicious!

Saturday we had Griffiths family Thanksgiving. We couldn't have asked for nicer weather as we celebrated lake -side. Wyatt loved exploring the beach with his cousins, and Sue set up a scavenger hunt for the little ones. I was sad to have to leave Saturday night, but I'm already looking forward to Christmas at DJ's. 


 Wyatt and I read Gingerbread Pirates last week (we checked out a slew of holiday books from the library). Since reading it, Wyatt has been interested in gingerbread men. Tonight, he suited up in his Chef Wyatt gear and we baked and decorated cookies.  





 Jason helped me get the Christmas stuff down. The house is very Christmas-y. Bing is playing in my CD player and on Pandora.  It truly is the most wonderful time of the year!


1 comment:

  1. Emily- I love the chef hat and apron! Where did you find them?

    ReplyDelete