It took an hour and a half to get W down for nap today. He was hopped up on sugar and pink hearts.
It has been a busy week with Mardi Gras and Valentine's all rolled into one.
We've done a lot of activities to prepare. We've had friends drop by bearing gifts. We've consumed enough sugar for a small nation...
Monday, we hosted a playgroup party with the only other boy in playgroup, D. D and W put together a video invite - hey girls, come to our party! Worth a laugh. We had a precious hand print craft ready to go (thanks to D's crafty mama), and heart shaped Krispy Kreme. That set the bar high!
| W's handprint is in light pink and Ev's handprint is in white. |
| This sure captured W's heart! |
Tuesday, W had a Mardi Gras parade at school that involved beads. Uncle Brad's mom found some pretty awesome light up beads that were the hit of the parade. Our neighbors also brought W an authentic New Orleans bead - featuring pirate ships - a favorite around here. After the Mardi Gras parade, a few of the mom's stayed on to help decorate boxes for Valentine's day. A throwback to our elementary days, we covered shoe boxes with stickers, glitter, and hearts of all kinds.
| Thanks, Langfords!! |
| Thanks, Bev!! |
Wednesday, I took W to get a haircut and some new shoes. He wanted a hot dog, so I took both boys out to lunch at Purple Cow. W had his first taste of a purple vanilla milk shake. Though I was apprehensive about managing both boys in a restaurant, it turned out to be just fine. W was a real sweetheart...but it's not something I plan on frequently repeating.
| First Purple Cow Milkshake. Approved! |
Thursday, we celebrated Valentine's at W's school. I blew up sixty balloons for his class party. #exhausting. We created Conversation Heart bar graphs. Then we played ring toss and kicked around the balloons. Since they ate the conversation hearts while graphing, the end of the party just involved toddlers running in circles saying crazy things. Entertaining - until you try and get them in the car. :)
| Our Valentine's French Toast this morning. No crusp on it. (W has decided he doesn't like crust. Since I don't either, I can't really fault him there...) |
| W's decorated shoe box |
| Downing a handful of conversation hearts. |
Now we are just waiting for daddy to come home and celebrate with us!
Happy V-day, everyone!
We sure do have a lot of love today!
| The Valentine W made for us at school. Love it! Thanks, Ms. Amanda!! |

No comments:
Post a Comment