Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween!

As I write this, my little monsters are both asleep (but for how long is anyone's guess), the Halloween decorations have all been taken down (OCD alert), and I feel pretty pleased with how the last few days have gone. 

Crazy Halloween Glasses
Halloween? I LOVE candy!!

On Tuesday, I spent all day at W's school. We started the day with a Halloween costume parade. Then, I volunteered to read a story and do a craft. We read the Big Pumpkin and everything that I remember about teaching pre-k was revisited. They are so wiggly! As room mom, I also put together a party for W's class at school. We did some Halloween bowling and some pumpkin decorating. 
It was such a busy day, and I couldn't have done it without mom's help watching Ev. 
It was a great fun to see how Wyatt acts in his school setting. (Like a Boss.)

Steg at School
Clip Art Bowling that I made with cranberry juice containers - thanks, Pinterest!
Bowling at the Halloween Party
Halloween day - another whirl wind! Gabby and Pop Pop came over with some taco soup and corn bread. We had a great dinner, then we took our Stegosaurus trick-or-treating. Ok. He doesn't get manners yet. When he got candy that he didn't like (like Milky Way), he had a melt down. With stomping. It was very dinosaur-like behavior. I just stood on the sidewalk and asked folks "Hey - who's kid is that???". Katie and Brad dropped by for dinner, too - just in time to witness another candy induced flip out. 
Whew. I better go ahead and eat the rest of his trick-or-treat candy before he wakes up...

 

As fun and busy as things have been, I'm glad to see October draw to a close. 
With November at hand, W and I are going to spend some time focusing on being thankful. I am already looking forward to some time together with family and little Houston cousins.


No comments:

Post a Comment