Monday, July 2, 2012

Wrapping up June

June has flown by. I'm afraid the rest of the summer is going to go at this hectic of a pace - today we scheduled Everett's c-section for August 17th. We have a deadline! (Although, I'm not sure this kid is ever going to leave my rib cage. Ugh!)
With six weeks left, there is a lot to get done - plus we want W to enjoy his last few weeks as an only child. :) We've been working on the nursery and will reveal all of that as soon as it is completed. It's coming along nicely and I know I'll enjoy the HOURS I will be spending in there with the new guy.

Daddy and Dub - taking some calls, working on some business. 


While we were down at Katie's house a few weekends ago, we ran into a real live ice cream truck. W picked out a Pink Panther ice cream bar and then enjoyed eating it in Katie's front yard. He was such a mess we had to hose him off in the backyard, but it was a very cute experience. 



We've been having dinner with Aunt Katie, I can't tell you how nice it is to have Katie in the neighborhood.  We run into her when we're out on our Saturday/Sunday walks. She brings Molly down for visits, which W loves to pieces. Here we are at Chicken Scratch, sharing some chicken strips and lemonade. 

Playgroup has been in full force this summer. We're doing everything we can to stay cool. Here is a pic of W eating some Magic Pop over at Drew's house. This was all before getting in Drew's crazy blow up pool complete with slides! Look at those long legs! W a big boy now. :(

Here is a pic of W reading books with Pop Pops. Wyatt loves reading books. We got him all signed up for a reading program at a local library - every week we check out/trade in five books. After we read twenty books, we complete the program and W gets a prize. He is enthused about reading with or without the program, and it is fun to see everyone joining in and reading to him. I'm convinced that alone has grown his vocabulary (which is extensive and never ending these days...).

Last weekend Katie took W for a bit so that Pop Pops and I could finish hanging up some letters in the nursery and Jas could run to Home Depot. Katie convinced Wyatt to help her make some Mac and Cheese, his favorite thing to eat. When I came down to pick him up, he was eating raw bread crumbs and helping Katie unwrap butter. He was pretty impressed with the whole process and with Katie. I think she scored some major points with that idea!



I'm glad that we have made it this far into the summer without it being too hot. We've been swimming at Gabby and Pop Pops' house a lot. At first W was hesitant, but he has since picked it up and does pretty well with swimming. The only problem is that he doesn't want to stop to take a break and breathe. 


We've been talking to W about fireworks. This year will be his first year to really experience Fourth of July and since our family does it so well, it will be quite the holiday. He loves to say "boom" when we talk about the fireworks exploding. We will see how it all goes in person.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment