When Katie and I were kids, mom and Aunt Sue took us to Scarborough Fair and we remembered it being weirdly interesting. So when we found a daily deal for tickets to SF, Katie and I were intrigued. We remembered a big field with stuff going on - including people gnawing on overly large turkey legs. Some of that is the same, but they've really fixed up the joint.
For Mother's Day weekend, since Jas is in Marshall, Katie and I decided to give it a try. We drove out to Waxahachie early to beat the heat. Upon arrival, we were immediately self conscious. 70-80% of the guests were dressed in Medieval garb. We were in shorts and flip flops.
However, we traded in our tickets and started the show.
We came across camel rides first, and W was game.
Katie was sweet enough to take him on the camel. Looks like they had fun!
| Exotic!! A Camel Ride! |
| Brave Aunt Katie! |
After the camel ride, we ate some snacks, took in a jousting show, then
found a petting zoo.
W LOVES petting zoos, so he went a little crazy in
there - as usual.
A mama pig had recently had a piggy litter, so that
was fascinating. W really likes this nonfiction picture book called The Little Pink Pup, which features a pig family. It was cool to see a piglet in real life.
| Tiny piglets! |
| Pat the Bunny |
We finished up with a pretzel and a root beer. I think that it is safe to say we were surprised at our experience. It was fun to watch W take it all in and get excited about things.
I guess we will try it again in 25 more years...we're good for now. :)
| Have a bite! |

No comments:
Post a Comment