Our regular sensory box has undergone several revisions and I'm glad to say that it is still a hit. He will peruse his items, sift the beans with sea shells, and unearth treasures for about thirty minutes whenever I bring out the box.
I thought it would be fun to give him an updated version...with Easter around the corner, the perfect idea emerged. I filled plastic eggs and put them into an Easter grass filled box. Then I ate a Cadbury Egg while I waited for W to wait up from nap time.
One of the egg fillers
What the heck?
Ewww! I don't really want to touch this grass, but I want what's in this egg...
As I suspected, the texture of Easter grass was something W didn't like. At first he said "help - help- help" because he didn't want to touch it. I showed him how to push it around to find eggs. He loved saying EGG; he repeated it about 900 times while he was sifting around.
Every time I pat myself on the back for some thing that works out well, the universe laughs.
Here is a pic of W copying the dogs - chew sticks for everyone.
Here is a pic of W copying the dogs - chew sticks for everyone.
This feels good on my teeth...Good call, dogs.
And finally, the old "that's not a hat" bit.
W has felt under the weather all week with an ear infection and a fever, so I was glad to have him outside today, playing. Even happier that the skill box worked out and entertained him. :)
Poor sick bug!

No comments:
Post a Comment