Thursday, September 8, 2011

Freedom Run 5k

Today I ran my first 5k - the Freedom Run - through downtown. For nine weeks I trained up (with Jason's assistance) using the Couch to 5k Program. I've walked a ton of 5ks, but I ran the whole thing today and feel pretty proud of that! I ran 11 minute miles for a 33 minute end time and placed roughly around 260 of 400.
Thank you to my cheering section who kept me moving (Keisha, Katie, Dania, JP, Jen, Jason). I appreciate such nice support and encouragement.
I've signed up for my first 10k in October - the Cool October 10k Run at the Four Seasons. Whew! Feel free to join me! The more the merrier (or something like that when you're talking about running).

Here are a few pictures from tonight!! Yea team!!

Ready to run!!
Me and Katie P. before the race kicked off! She ran 9 minute miles! Speedy girl!

I did it!
Dada and Dub - post race! Jas was a trooper to push the stroller the whole time!

Back at the car - ready to go home!

No comments:

Post a Comment