Friday, September 2, 2011

Can You Tell How Badly I Want Fall to Come?



I am over these triple digit temps. I am completely over a "cold front" dropping the temps into the 90s. That isn't a cold front. Ugh! I do, however, love all of the catalogs arriving with their precious little fall sweaters and boots. I love the Halloween stuff that's popping up. I love that Etsy is featuring fall items now. So things are starting to turn around. And to be honest, August passed SO quickly, I'm hoping we just slide on in to cooler weather and fun holidays.

But that doesn't mean I'm not doing my part to make it feel more like my favorite season...

W and I have been baking cookies. Most of the summer it's been too hot to use the oven (haha! Or so I've told Jason), but now we are gearing up for the scents of the season - starting with cinnamon. Yum!

And Rachael Ray put out an article on sweet potato and chive soup that we had to try. We made our own Parmesan Fricos by baking a spoonful of Parmesan on a baking sheet at 425 for 5 minutes. Turns out W LOVES THESE and will eat at least six.
He wasn't keen on the soup, though.


And, we've used fall colors to make up some crafts. We found Mod Podge and, oh my GOSH, we are in love!

I made this bird painting with magazine scraps and a stencil. Turns out I cut the stencil out of some of Jason's work papers. Oops!

I painted these wood frames ($1 Michael's) with orange spray paint, then mod podged using craft paper ($0.59 per sheet), and finished them with embellishments to make some fun Halloween frames. Can't wait to put this years pumpkin patch picture in one of these guys!


And since it's been a smidge cooler in the evenings, W and I have taken in a few of the McKoolSmithies Kickball games (very glamorous). I think W could get in to kickball. Here he is practicing before the game last week...


Until it cools off just a bit more, though, me and this guy are just hanging around the house coming up with big ideas. :)

You mean this WHOLE THING is for me?

His favorite game - I'm going to get you - always elicits a laugh and a goofy smile!

His favorite DAWG, Clifford!

No comments:

Post a Comment