Little man has been trying lots of new foods, thanks to his new tooth and a consult with cousin Lindsay. I totally know that W is a boy set to destroy because I always present him with a well constructed tray of food, beautifully plated: Meat, Cheese, Vegetable, and Fruit. The first thing he does is drag his hand through the piles, thoroughly smearing everything together. He then crushes it in his fist or works to jam a ridiculous amount in his mouth. I imagine that if I had a little girl, she would daintily be using a spoon by now. Not so with my son.
And lets say that I don't get stuff to him in a timely manner- he makes sure to let me know of his discontent by banging his open palm on his high chair tray several times in a row. Sheesh! Reminds me of someone else I frequently dine with...
He hates the sippy cup, but he loves to drink his "milk" from a straw. Or perhaps he just loves drinking the milk, then blowing bubble to create a lovely formula mess. Hard to say.
Regardless, after reading a great deal on the matter, I decided to put my OCD in a box and let him have fun while eating. This week hummus, turkey, chicken, cheese, pear chunks, blueberries, raspberries, and squash were on the menu. He's a good eater, so here are some pics of him enjoying lunch.
Also, the tooth wanted its own picture - such a diva - so here is W at the Jingle Bell Run in Ft. Worth. I made sure to highlight the tooth in all its glory. It has pushed its way up more now, but this was the tooth as of last week. He's been drooling buckets, so I fully expect a tiny toothy friend to emerge any time!

No comments:
Post a Comment