Friday, October 1, 2010

October One


The weather change has been so nice that Wyatt & I have started every day with a walk. This morning, we got dressed and met the day.
This is the first picture where Wyatt has ever looked like me as a kid. Love it!



Once we got home, we ate some oatmeal and fresh bananas and that inspired us to make our own graham crackers from scratch. Using a recipe from Babycenter, we re-created these childhood faves. One thing I like about this recipe: all of the hard work takes place in your food processor. You basically just have to roll it out and cut it. Target has some darling tiny Halloween shaped cookie cutters, but we opted for the big pumpkin. After 15 minutes, these babies were done and the whole house smelled like cinnamon. Would I make them again? Probably not. The boxed version is pretty tasty...but it's nice to know that I could if I wanted to.

Put dough from food processor on wax paper
Roll out your dough

Cut it into precious holiday shapes

Try to limit yourself to three - at least leave room on the plate for a cut up apple to complete the fall look. I used my apple for something else...wait and see.

We also tried out Real Simple's Halloween Candy suggestion and made their white chocolate-candy corn-pretzel-cranberry bark. Whew! What a mouthful. Sounds like an odd combo, but the salty and the sweet were Halloween Magic together. You just melt 8oz of white chocolate bark and put it in the bottom of a parchment paper lined 8x8 pan. Then you throw the other ingredients on top and put in the fridge until the white chocolate hardens. Break into pieces and enjoy.


And after all of those sweets, we wanted something more substantial. We didn't want to run to the grocery store, so we just used what we had on hand - a box of Kraft and a granny smith apple. What a perfectly delicious lunch!


We love the fall!

What? Free candy goes in there???

No comments:

Post a Comment