Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Happy Birthday, Ev!

Hard to believe that one year ago today I was recovering from a c-section, resting in bed. Katie and Jason were there. Aunt Sue answered the call to arms and was at our house with W and the dogs. Thank goodness for Aunt Sue!!!
Ev was asleep in the little plastic bassinet that they wheel into and out of your room (mainly out because I knew it was my last chance at sleep). Just one year ago. 
And I have to admit that Ev's baby book is a far cry from W's baby book. Poor second baby. W's baby book is very detail oriented and photo intense. Ev's baby book looks like this: 
Ev was born.

I jest. I have kept a journal of Ev's first year. It is less detail rich than W's, but I'm working on it!
So - here are the highlights:
This time last year, Ev arrived (three weeks early, though I'm not complaining about that)...
6:16am
7lbs 4oz
19 inches

8/31 rocking you to sleep tonight, I noticed that you were rubbing your ear -just like Wyatt.
9/1 first college football game
9/17 Today W said that Everett will always be his best friend 
(ha! We must revisit this now that toy "sharing" has started)
9/20 first smile
9/26 first time Aunt Katie watched both of you alone while we went to dinner
10/2 slept through the night (you were amazing about sleeping. I appreciate it)
10/15 first State Fair with Gabby & Aunt Sue
10/20 first party in your honor - Aunt Katie & Gabby threw a Sip & See
10/23 first laugh - with Gabby
12/23 first food - Royal Riviera Pears
1/4 first meat - chicken
1/26 first 5k!
1/29 first double bath with Wyatt
2/26 first double ear infection. poor baby. 
3/12 first word - started saying da-da (thanks for nothing)
3/18 first wave
4/1 first tooth popped out
4/26 first crawl 
5/6 had to lower the crib - you pulled yourself into a sit
5/30 first experience with finger paint. proud that you didn't eat it.
6/20 pulled to a stand on the kitchen windowsill
6/22 first trip to the beach - you LOVED it!
6/25 you FINALLY said ma-ma today. It wasn't in reference to me, but you DID say it. 
7/23 first real fight with W over toys. I am pretty sure that you won. 
8/7 first birthday!! first cupcake!!

So - all of that happened. Now you're one. I can already tell that you're going to give us a run for our money. You're super loud. You won't take "no" for an answer. You laugh in the face of discipline. You are the poster child for second born children everywhere. 
...but, you're pretty sweet, so we're probably going to keep you.
Happy 1st Birthday, Everett.

Emily Mulkey Photography



No comments:

Post a Comment