Friday, July 8, 2011

Spiced Blueberry Jam


On Tuesday, Dub and I went blueberry picking in Edom, TX with our friends, the Greens. We went early so it wasn't too hot, but I'll tell you that once we were done, we sure enjoyed some AC and some blueberry lemonade.

Today was jam day, so I sterilized my jars, put on my slice attachment, and got to work. Let me just say that if you're going to do your own jam, you absolutely must purchase the canning kit from walmart, or where ever else you can find it. It made the process a breeze!

10 cups of blueberries mash up to about 6 cups when all is said and done

I put the slice attachment on and dropped the blueberries in. Then I mashed them with a potato masher for consistency control.

Add your lemon juice, water, pectin, sugar, cinnamon, allspice, and cloves. It smelled like Christmas magic in the house all morning!

Once you can your jam, seal it and add it to a boiling water bath for 7-10 additional minutes.


The final product was 12 beautiful and sparkly jars of jam



Taste tester approved!

1 comment: