To begin, one for the babies:
Wonky Donkey by Craig Smith is pretty darn funny. It has a nice rhythm to it and the pictures are hilarious. When I read this to Wyatt, he did that little bouncy-bouncy thing that he usually does when music is playing. I could only find this book in paperback, which I normally don't like due to how easily they are destroyed, but it was worth the price. The best part, however, is that if you visit www.scholastic.com/wonkydonkey, you can hear the author singing this book.
That is the real fun!
WARNING: the donkey only has three legs and one eye -
which makes him a winky, wonky donkey.

For the mamas:
I adored this book and highly, highly recommend. It is full of information that I found fascinating about family dinners and their importance to raising a healthy, happy family. We had family dinner almost every night at my house until I graduated; I know about two other people who can say that. Aside from great information, fun questions to ask at dinner, and interesting stories, author Laurie David also gives us some great & quick recipe ideas - ones that even your kids can help prepare. By visiting her website you can subscribe to The Family Dinner mailing list - I also recommend that.

So that is what we're reading this week. Enjoy!

No comments:
Post a Comment