Friday, November 19, 2010

What We're Reading

I love it when my boys share books!

This week we were into Llama Llama Holiday Drama by Anna Dewdney. While we love Llama Llama Red Pajama, I think Llama Llama Holiday Drama might be one for checkout from our local library. Little Llama gets so overwhelmed with everything going on at Christmastime that he forgets the reason for the season. Mama Llama brings it all back home in a succinct lesson perfect for little llamas everywhere. Cute, but I would buy Red Pajama if you haven't yet started this adorable series.

I did love If I Built A Car by Chris Van Dusen. There is so much imagination and character in this book - what if you could build your own car and the sky was the limit? This little boy's ideas are out of this world...and the poetic form was pleasing to my ear when read aloud. It definitely made me want to read more of Van Dusen's books.

And finally...
Beautiful Oops by Barney Saltzberg is a MUST PURCHASE. In an effort to look beyond our mistakes, Saltzberg teaches a valuable lesson about how one mistake can lead to an amazing opportunity. That coffee ring on your napkin - what else can be seen in that coffee ring? How far can our imagination take us? Precious book, great lesson, and lots of neat pieces to manipulate. I highly, highly recommend this title!

Reading to this kid is definitely fun! Dub chooses books out of his toy box at least once a day and he even knows (mostly) positioning. My librarian heart is pleased. Now if we can just work on not grabbing the pages. Yikes!



No comments:

Post a Comment