Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day Weekend

Hanging out on his birthday slide

My second mother's day went much more smoothly than my first. I, at least, had a better idea of this whole motherhood/parenting thing, and I am so lucky because Wyatt was such a good boy this weekend.

On Friday we had a luncheon with my Grandmother Garrett, Aunt Diane, Dad, and Mom. You have to appreciate the things grandmothers do for their grandchildren. Check out this picture of Gabby at her best. Wyatt adores Gabby, but he especially loves it when she calls his name down an empty wrapping paper tube. And really, who wouldn't?

Wy---att!
Blowing Bubbles on the Porch

On Saturday, Jas was a doll! He got up early with the baby and started breakfast. I could hear the chant of "na-na-na" from our room. Jason and I had an adult breakfast at Taco Joint - delicious! The Arboretum was our next stop. There was a nice breeze in the shade and parts of the Peter Rabbit exhibit were still up. They're doing a lot of construction at the Arb, and I can't see what the fall will bring.

A Dear and A Deer

Having a drink - look at those eyebrows - totally Jason!
Precious boy!

Sunday brought a wonderful sermon on family, which was a great kick off to our Mother's Day event at Aunt Sue's place. We played games, we had lunch, we celebrated our mothers. It couldn't have been a nicer day.

The ultimate matriarch!
Eating bananas in the kitchen

It has been such a nice weekend, I hate to see it come to an end.
In church this morning, we gave thanks for all of the mothers and non mothers in our lives who support and encourage us, who lift us up, who shape us. We learn from these women and strive to be more like these women. We were encouraged to say your names out loud. I'm going to practice that here. I am so thankful for all of you:
Katie, Libby, Lindsay, Laura, Donna, Sue, Ella, Elizabeth, Becky, Taylor, Diane, Gael, Sarah, Susan, Katie, Jennifer, Heidi, Angie, Kari, Stephanie, Keisha, Andi, Libby, Jeri, Emily, Jennifer, Julie, Aimee, and Barbara. Whew!

Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment